Challenges Faced by Law Enforcement in the 21st Century, with a Special Focus on Specific Issues of Hybrid Threats – Security "of a Thousand Faces"

Fulltext (.pdf 999 kB)

https://doi.org/10.52651/vr.a.2023.3.07-20

Autor: Péter CIELESZKY

In: Vojenské reflexie

ISSN: 1336-9202

Ročník: XVIII.

Číslo: 3

Strany: 7 - 20

Rok vydania: 2023

Vydavateľ: Akadémia ozbrojených síl generála Milana Rastislava Štefánika, Liptovský Mikuláš

Abstrakt: In this paper, I explore the challenges facing policing in the 21st century through a multifaceted approach to security. Herein, the idea of security is seen as being filled with the evolutionary determination of humans, which is expressed in the concept of security as it applies to the individual, the need to establish an internal order of social coexistence at the level of human communities, and the relations between certain community formations, i.e. states, as well as international relations. I will show how the creation of security today is becoming an increasingly complex issue, while ancient algorithms and instincts drive the psychological mechanisms that underpin this perception. The real challenge today is how to mitigate the security deficits referred to in this study so that their impacts legitimise everyday relations and satisfy our basic evolutionary needs.

Kľúčové slová: security, order, evolutionary psychology, globalization, legitimacy.

Citácia:
CIELESZKY, Péter. Challenges Faced by Law Enforcement in the 21st Century, with a Special Focus on Specific Issues of Hybrid Threats – Security "of a Thousand Faces". In: Vojenské reflexie: Vojenský vedecký časopis [online]. Liptovský Mikuláš: Akadémia ozbrojených síl generála Milana Rastislava Štefánika, 2023, 18 (3), s. 7-20. ISSN 1336-9202. Dostupné na internete: https://doi.org/10.52651/vr.a.2023.3.07-20

Creative Commons License
Toto dielo je licencované pod Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline
Unknown
Unknown
Accept
Decline